This has turned out to be a huge release.
It's only three months since we shipped Visual Studio 2015, so you could be forgiven for assuming this would just be a minor revision. But the list of improvements is enormous, particularly when you add in the various out-of-band releases that are incorporated as part of this release. Unfortunately, the full set of changes are documented across a number of separate blog posts from different teams, so I thought I'd aggregate them here.
- General Overview of Visual Studio 2015 Update 1
- New Features added in VS2015 Update 1 RC
- New Features added in VS2015 Update 1 CTP
- Tooling Improvements for .NET Managed Languages
- Improvements in .NET Framework 4.6.1
- New Features in WPF 4.6.1
- New Features in TypeScript 1.7
- XAML Behavior Support in Universal Windows Platform
- Improvements in NuGet 3.3
- Improvements to Azure SDK 2.8.1
- Improvements in F# 4.0 Update 1
- Improvements to C++ in Update 1 (Edit and Continue, Coroutines, C++17 Modules)
- VS GDB Debugger Extension
- Updates to ASP.NET 5 RC
- Support for IncrediBuild in Visual Studio 2015
Some other useful reads:
All this lovely goodness is, of course, available to download as Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 - and perhaps this explains why it's a big install...!